Tuesday, September 23, 2008

EMails to my Representatives

I am absolutely pissed!  This has been building for over a week, and I finally vented.  And, this is what I said:
*********
"Honorable Senator:

Paulson and Bernanke are both from Wall Street, shall return to Wall Street, and are heavily invested in Wall Street. The same people who created this problem are to fix it? Bail out the ones who have, by their stupid greed, endangered our nation, and in some cases even reward the same people? While our nation suffers a true rate of inflation over 10%, homelessness increases, everybody is over taxed, foreigners buy our country ... the list goes on. And on. And on.

Give the Fed ( a private corporation run by and for bankers) and the Treasury TOTAL POWER? Non-reviewable decisions?

I don't think so.

Simply put, NO BAILOUT!

Voting for the Wall Street bail out is the ONE act which will drive my personal vote to anybody else.

I feel that our nation has been taken over by corporate and financial interests, that we are no longer a true Republic, and that supporting such an extreme power grab as this bail out is, simpy put, a form of treason. My basis for that?

"Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power. "

Benito Mussolini, fascist dictator of Italy (1922-1943)

That is happening here, now.  

No bail out.

Re-instate the Glass-Steagall Act.

I repeat: Voting for the Wall Street bail out is the ONE act which will drive my personal vote to anybody else."

My name

and home town

**********

Now they know; that is if they even bother to read it....

No comments: